samedi 11 avril 2020

Some difficulties on Facebook

A few days ago, I noticed that I was no longer able to log in to Facebook.

They said a security check was needed, and they would send me a "confirmation code" to my phone. Unfortunately, the phone number which was on my profile (and which they used) was no longer valid (it was the phone number of my previous phone and, not being very active on Facebook, I had not updated it after I got my latest phone). So, I did not receive the confirmation code and, since I could no longer log in, there was no way I could update my profile with my new phone number.

I didn't know what to do, so I tried to create a new account. In the process of creating this new account (with my real, unchanged, name), I gave them my phone number (rather than my e-mail address; I had the choice) and, this time, they did send me a confirmation code (to my phone). Thereafter, they told me to upload a picture of myself, which I did reluctantly (because I didn't see the point). Then, after a waiting time of about 30 hours, when I tried to log in, they said my account had been disabled "because of an infraction to Facebook's terms of use". Surprisingly and shockingly, they did not specify the nature of the alleged infraction, they just gave a list of general possible reasons, and they said I had a right to appeal.

When I tried to appeal, they told me a upload a copy of my identity card, or some other identification (which I did), and they said they would send me an e-mail soon. However, I am worried I shall never receive this e-mail because, when I signed up for the last time, I used my phone number rather than my e-mail address. In addition, when I download my latest profile (which I can do without being logged in), I see than my e-mail address is no longer shown in my profile.

Have you had a similar experience? Can you give me some advice as to the best strategy when your Facebook account has been disabled?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3cbUhRb

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire