lundi 20 avril 2020

How to find someone who mistakenly uses your email adress halfway around the world?

I've been using gmail for a long time now, and to prevent malicious access I've set up that system that gives warnings on your phone if someone tries to access your account from unexpected places.

In the last year I've had numerous times that someone from New-Zealand tried to reset the password, which I've blocked.
At first I thought it was a hacker, but recently I've also gotten links to subscribe to various sites in NZ, commercials targeted at the same name (not mine) and today I got about 20 links to subscribe to TVNZ, with repeated password attemtps.
I strongly suspect someone in NZ has a mail adress that is very similar to mine but a slightly different way of writing it.
Thing is, if I google the name I get in adverts combined with my last name I only get a hit in Australia, and given the dutch migration to NZ mid last century my last name appears to be very common there.
Does anyone have any tips on how I could find out who this person is so we can clear this up? I feel bad for them as their attempts to do something during lockdown end up in my email adress.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2xImWyJ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire