samedi 17 août 2019

Telling ghost stories to different ethnics

I patronize a club which is in a pre-civil ware cotton warehouse. It's reputed to be haunted. Some men were loading cotton into this building way back in 1888 and a collapse of some sort killed on or more of them and the story goes that the building is haunted.

The owner decorates the interior with skeletons and ghouls and the manager is an artist who has other friends who are artists have paintings of Frankenstein and werewolves and space aliens all over the walls.

It's Halloween there all year long.

I sit down with a Mexican and tell him the building is haunted and he said he knew eet already.

I tell a Chinese man on business from Peking and he gets frightened especially when I turn on the heat telling him that the ghost likes beer and he better watch his drink. We explored the bar upstairs and he says he feels the spirit.

I tell a Jewish guy and I'm proud to say he says hogwash. He doesn't believe in ghosts and he's not happy that I do. (I don't really). I remind him that his people have Dybuk stories and he says yeah I"ve heard of that but come on do you really believe that (expletive deleted)?

Mexicans, Asians, some Christians believe in the ghost. Jews do not. Yay Jews.

The bar is cool whether you believe in ghosts or not. It draws artists from the Atlanta School of Art and artists in general.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2z3PuzF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire