mercredi 14 août 2019

New York Child Victims Act

I didn't see anything related to this, but I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. On one hand, those people deserve to get justice because of the terrible thing(s) that have happened to them. On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of creating a "shopping window" for lawsuits. Why not just change the laws of your state? Is that possible? I'm not sure.

Quote:

Child sex abuse lawsuits are expected to be filed against the Archdiocese of New York, Jehovah's Witnesses, Rockefeller University, the Boy Scouts, Jeffrey Epstein and others on Wednesday, the first day of a one-year window intended to give victims a chance at justice delayed.

...

The one-year reprieve for civil lawsuits applies to accusations of child sexual abuse, including those that had been previously dismissed for being filed too late or for those who failed to file a notice of claim in time.
It certainly names all of the culprits though. I would be concerned of false allegations being thrown out there by shady people in hopes of getting some cash.

ETA: I apologize for any confusion, this actually did change the existing law.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2H1jz7x

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire