samedi 24 août 2019

Modern Medicine And Morality - The Road Leads?

I think we would all agree with the sentiment that modern medicine is wonderful. People are pulled back from the brink of death today with the help of medical procedures and medicines.* Infertile couples are helped to have children. Physically disabled walk again, and so on.

Is there a down side to this?

I think there is but it isn't spoken about. Modern medicine facilitates life, fertility, and mobility where nature has denied it. Modern medicine facilitates it and modern morality demands it. This leads us somewhere I find disturbing to consider. Doubling disturbing because I can't see a solution.

Can others see the down side I contemplate?


* I am one of these.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2MyEljn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire