lundi 12 août 2019

Stabbings in Sydney

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...e-streets-live

Quote:

Dramatic footage shows the young man walking across a city street, waving a knife and jumping on to the bonnet of a car. The vehicle drives forward and he rolls off the back before walking away, chased by members of the public.

He screams: “Shoot me, ******* shoot me in the ******* head, shoot me, I want to ******* die.”

In separate footage members of the public and firefighters restrain him on the ground with cafe chairs and milk crates. He is clearly a young man, and has blood on his hands and shirt.
A lot of swearing on the video. No reported fatalities to date.

A few points

There are disturbed young white men in Australia, but their inability to easily get guns means massacres are unlikely.

Because of the above, citizens can effectively fight back. Great citizen’s arrest and effective use of a milk crate.

I actually feel more unsafe in the centre of Sydney than any European or Asian city I’ve visited because of the large number of threatening and disturbed people who seem to walk the streets there, many of them beggars. I don’t experience the same things in similarly sized Melbourne.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/33vmGy8

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire