lundi 1 janvier 2018

Oregon freaking out over the possibility of having to touch a gas pump.

I feel like this is one of those things a lot of people in other countries think I am making up.

But in America, in two states (well now one) motorist are forbidden from fueling their own vehicles. In New Jersey and (until midnight last night) Oregon vehicle fueling has to be formed by a "trained" attendant by law. In New Jersey fines for attempting to pump your own gas are as high as 250 dollars for the first offense and 500 dollars for the second offense.

Well on midnight of the New Year the law in question was repealed in Oregon (with some restrictions and exceptions). Not everybody is happy about it.

Quote:

"I've lived in this state all my life and I REFUSE to pump my own gas. I had to do it once in California while visiting my brother and almost died doing it. This a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas. I can't even," -Mike Perrone

"I don't even know HOW to pump gas and I am 62, native Oregonian.....I say NO THANKS! I don't want to smell like gasoline!" - Sandy Franklin

"No! Disabled, seniors, people with young children in the car need help. Not to mention getting out of your car with transients around and not feeling safe too. This is a very bad idea. Grrr"- Cathy Dahl
http://ift.tt/2DKFcFd

An article about the history and cause of bans on self gas pumping for context: http://ift.tt/2DHRs96


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2EtmtiB

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire