mercredi 31 janvier 2018

Chronic Migraines

I tend to suffer from migraines, which come and go, There's periods where I get a lot, and periods where I get almost none. I have not been able to identify the trigger and for a long time, I've been searching for it. It turned out, there's more than one trigger, so that it's kinda like allergies, where you can be allergic to more than one thing.

So I decided to basically create this thread to share my triggers and have other people with chronic migraines share their triggers in the hopes that perhaps one of their triggers will resonate and I will have identified another one.

So far, here's the trigger list for mine:

CONFIRMED TRIGGERS (The list of triggers that are 99% confirmed that they will always trigger a migraine):

* Alcohol (Pretty much every time I drink ANYTHING, regardless of quantity, alcohol quality, how hydrated I am, whether or not I ate a meal.... regardless of all that, I am almost 100% guaranteed to have a migraine)
* Dehydration (Specifically if I lose electrolytes through doing a lot of exercise)


UNCONFIRMED TRIGGERS (The list of triggers that I'm not sure if they trigger migraines, as sometimes they seem to do it, and sometimes they don't)

* Coffee (Certain types, like cheap brands)
* Red meat (I've had a couple occasions of suffering from migraines after eating certain types of red meat)
* High fructose corn syrup (This one's just a hunch. I haven't really seen a correlation between migraines and, say, consumption of ketchup)
* Too much sleep (Apparently, sometimes if I sleep too much, I can wake up with a headache. This could be attributed to other factors, such as dehydration and/or lack of caffeine since I didn't have my usual cup of morning tea)


I think that's it, but I'll add more if I remember.


What are some of your triggers?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2E1O3pz

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire