lundi 29 janvier 2018

Margaret Forster

My reader has been reading to me Margaret Forster's book about the houses she has lived in, 'My Life in Houses'. This was recommended by a Librarian and we are very much enjoying it. As I had never read any of her books before, I thought it was about time I tried some! I read right through one, 'Have the men had enough?' which I found was very slow moving - and that is apart from the fact that I was reading it in braille - but it was a very thorough study of a family dealing with an elderly grandmother with rapid onset dementia. Since then I tried her book, 'Is there anything you want?' but decided I could not be interested enough in the characters to continue. And now, I'm reading 'Precious \Lives', again in braille.

I have realised that, in order to appreciate her writing,I have to be prepared to read all the comprehensive detail she puts into her work. The more I have realised this, the more I am ... well, enjoying is the wrong word, I'm not sure what word to use, since it is a sort of commitment to hard work!


I was wondering whether others here are familiar with her work and what their opinions are of it. I looked her up on Wikipedia and was very sorry to hear she died in 2016, age 77.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2GrHHhD

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire