mardi 31 octobre 2017

Apple issues

So I've never hidden the fact that I think Apple sucks more than life itself, but I got my hands on a Mac computer the other day from work. The company didn't want it anymore, and my daughter loves Apple. I figured I'd be a good guy, bring it home, format it, and let her use it.

First, I use a regular keyboard. It won't load into recovery mode. I press the buttons, it acts like nothing happens and then loads up like normal.

Then, I decide I should just use a Mac keyboard. Makes sense, right? Well, sure. If you want to spend $180 at Best Buy because they literally don't carry a generic version of this piece of **** keyboard so you have to buy the "magic" (wtf is magic about it? It's *********** wireless? Welcome to PC years ago) keyboard. I ordered it off of Amazon, refurbished, which still cost over $100 for a *********** keyboard and mouse.

I receive it today, try to factory reset it. Nope. Nothing. Acts like I'm literally doing nothing. The keyboard types, the mouse works when I'm in the system, but when restarting I press command and R at the same time and it. does. nothing.

I created a bootable USB drive, and follow the instructions to tap "option" to select the drive. You'll never guess what happened! Nothing. Like it doesn't even do anything. [ETA: Breaking away from the guides and pressing/holding option has gotten me to a boot option screen. I might have some luck]

So now I'm pretty much fishing for answers since I can't get this to work. No guide has helped, and this is my last attempt before I take it outside and beat it with a baseball bat. I paid nothing for it and the satisfaction would be orgasmic.

If anyone has any ideas I'm completely open to them. I'm not bragging or anything, but I'm an IT guy by nature. I've tried all of the things that google, and the ever helpful Apple boards, have thrown my way.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2gYJlzq

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire