lundi 4 janvier 2021

Amen and a-woman

Maybe, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't that big a deal but I do think it's worthy of discussion. Rep.Emmanuel Cleaver D-MO closed the Congress' opening prayer with "Amen and a-woman."

Now, I am all for inclusivity and recognizing gender inequalities and all that; but, "Amen" has nothing to do with gender or inclusivity. I think it's a bit ridiculous and over-the-top to use a completely made up "term" like "a-woman" as if that is somehow, in any way, leveling the playing field for women or even just recognizing the equality of women. I think it's a moment that conservatives can use to make progressiveism in general (I linked to Fox News because they are all over that angle) look radical and stupid. It's not helping anything at all and only adding fuel to further division.

Of course, I think the whole idea of an "opening prayer" is a bit ridiculous but that's a whole 'nother discussion...


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3pLtfXG

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire