mardi 5 janvier 2021

A subjective defense of theism/deism

This thread's about a defense of theism/deism, that might include, apart from more general objective reasons, subjective reasons as well.

Since personal subjective ideas might be discussed here, I'll request other posters to be considerate/respectful in how they present any criticism they might want to make. (And I'm going out and saying this, because I'm taking the liberty of starting this thread myself , and getting this discussion going.)

-------

Context (copied from the Pascal's Wager thread):


Quote:

Originally Posted by GDon (Post 13346965)
... I'm a theist, but not a Christian. I believe in a generic omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent deity, which generally the Wager supports IMO. ...



...Occam's Razor on all the other gods. Non-Occam's Razor related points for the Wager's God.


I think that approach makes sense, but it will make for a possibly long (but interesting!) conversation. We could do it in this thread, or maybe in another.

If you are happy with that, I'll make a separate post in this thread to get us started. I'm not a Christian, so I'll be defending a more generic "God of the Philosophers" ...



... Yes, I think you can. Or at least I think *I* can, though it may be a long discussion, as per my invitation to discuss this above. ...



Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanakya (Post 13347185)
... That sounds interesting.

You’re right, though, this might be off-topic, in as much this pertains more to your specific reasons, and leading to your specific conception of God, rather than a more general defense of Pascal's Wager. To keep both discussions focused, I think it might make sense to start another thread. I'll start that thread right after I post this, and post the link below.

Although I'm going out and starting this thread, this is “your” thread, for you to present both general reasons to defend deism (or whatever particular form of God you choose to defend), as well as any subjective and/or personal observations you care to put out there. (And obviously, only to the extent you’re comfortable sharing anything personal, and only to the extent you yourself find this exercise meaningful. I'm taking the liberty of starting this thread on your behalf only to set the ball rolling, as it were, and as preferable to asking you, instead, to start a thread yourself on this. What and how much to discuss there, is entirely your call.)



via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3b6hBCE

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire