jeudi 23 mai 2019

Microsoft - Auto letter generation

We currently have a large number of standard letters which apply to different situations. to illustrate my issue imagine each letter has 5 paragraphs. The first and last are identical in all letters. There are, depending on the circumstances, 2 different 2nd paragraphs. 5 different 3rd paragraphs and 3 different 4th paragraphs. This means there are (2 x 5 x 3) 30 different letters in total.

Currently if we decide to change the opening para we need to change 30 different documents. There are also problems with people picking the wrong letter due to there being 30 to choose from.

I would like produce a single letter where the user simply picks the 3 appropriate options and the software automatically produces the appropriate letter. I would have thought it possible on the software we have but am struggling to find what I want with google.

We only have Microsoft office and Microsoft 365. Use of other software is not an option.

I found the drop down list content control in Word but am not entirely sure that is what I am after.

I dare say I could use conditional look-ups to do something in Excel.

Any ideas what the easiest way is to do what I want?


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2JAnBGV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire