dimanche 19 mai 2019

Australian Election Day process

All,
I've been away from the forum for a while but thought I'd share what election day was like on Saturday:
  • It's a Saturday, so there's plenty of time to vote. I decide to wander to the local school, which is set up for the day as a polling booth
  • So, after breakfast, walking up the street, seeing some others walking up to vote as well. Wave, say hi, they say hi back. Never met them before.
  • Get to the polling station, sausage sandwiches and cupcakes on sale.
  • Party reps waving their how to vote cards, not pushy, asking do you need the (insert party here) how to vote card. I say yeah nah, I'm cool. They say no worries.
  • They check my name off the voting register. House of Reps voting card is A5 size. Senate card is a metre wide. Who the fire truck are all these moron single issue parties?
  • Do Reps vote in reverse order, all good.
  • Now the Senate Card. Okay, working out who to avoid like the plague. Done. Now, have to number remainder 1-12. NUmber 12 goes in first, to the remaining most dick-ish party, working backwards to first choice. Done.
  • Put votes in the boxes, roll eyes at the scrutineer re long senate paper and he says "yeah, everbody's having a bit of a laugh over that one." Walk outside.
  • Too early for a sausage sandwich and I'm not really wanting cake (which is not a lie), but buy some cupcakes to donate something to the school.
  • Walking home, I encounter some people I haven't seen since the last election. I ask them if they'd like a cupcake and they're like "yeah nah, we're going to buy some for the same reason you did. Thanks,though."

And that was voting in suburban Australia.


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2Jpk5Pm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire