vendredi 17 mai 2019

D-Day footage. Who were those guys?

The 75th anniversary of D-Day is coming up. We will no doubt be treated to lots of retrospectives, a note that there aren't very many survivors left, and lots and lots of photos and videos that were shot on June 6, 1944.

There's one scene I've seen at least a hundred times. The camera looks back toward the water. A small group of men, five or six, are running ashore. One suddenly falls to his knees, and looks to be struggling. One more falls down flat, face down. He doesn't look to be struggling at all. The remaining three head out of camera view.


Again and again, it happens the same way. That one will be wounded. That one will be killed. And you know it's coming on every documentary. I have seen a lot of those documentaries. It's always there. The same guys get hit every time. The reason it is shown is that it must be some of the only footage filmed from the beach looking out toward the water while the bullets were still flying. I'm sure some of you have seen it too.

I've always wondered if anyone knows anything about the people in the film, or the cameraman who filmed it. I'll bet the cameraman is known. I'm sure he could locate where he was on the beach. I doubt the men are known, although at least their unit might be, and even the men themselves could possibly have been indentified.

Who were these guys, these guys who I will undoubtedly see several more times in the next month or so?


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2Yxeha4

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire