dimanche 26 mai 2019

Facebook bans account after user posts MAGA hat collection

Kate Kretz is an artist who has posted examples of her occasionally-provocative work in the past on Facebook without incident for the most part; however, her most recent set of works posted earlier this month which prominently featured the red Trump-slogan hats as the central subject were deemed over the line and removed, claimed by Facebook to be "hate speech". When she reposted the works with a disclaimer protesting that the MAGA hats weren't hate-speech, Facebook disabled her account.

Quote:

“It’s really a giant mistake. I have no way of knowing if the trolls got together to report it, or if it was Facebook’s image software. Either someone saw an opportunity, or I’m a victim of a faulty system.”

Kretz described feeling powerless in her situation. “I have to be able to show my art. This is my business.”

For 30 years she’s been a working artist and has spent the last 10 years on Facebook where she posts images of her artwork. She likens the social media platform to her own carefully-curated mailing list.

“We provide a lot of content for them. I get a lot from Facebook, but I also give a lot. When you do business with someone you always get your work back. I have no recourse to get back my own info and content back from them.”


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2M8mUXl

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire