lundi 20 mai 2019

Blitzkrieg - How's that work?

OK, the German army in WW2 was infamous for its Blitzkrieg ability, the ability to move fast and conquer.

We hear about it all the time, but my question is, what's the key to making it work? I mean, why didn't anyone else do that before? What was Germany's key to making it work?

I could envision a few possible things, but these are merely guesses

1) Overwhelming fire power, so they basically can steamroll over everything in their way
2) Similar to 1, fast tanks that could provide that fire power and cover a lot of ground?
3) Again with 1, sufficiently mobile artillery that can be brought along fast enough to keep up with the convoy?
4) An infrastructure that is able to supply the fast moving army? IIRC, that was largely done by horses.

As I said, I could very well be clueless here, so am interested in learning more about it.


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2El1vnj

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire