samedi 19 janvier 2019

The physics of bowling

Hi, everyone,

I watched this video and as I don't understand the science very well, I'm not sure if the guy is correct - that a 14 pound bowling ball has more impact on the pins than a 15 or 16 pound ball. If he is right, wouldn't an even lighter ball, say 13 or 12 pounds, work better for the bowler? And surely, there must be a limit how light the ball can go before it loses its effectiveness, right?

I'm a bit embarrassed to say this but I use a 10 pound ball. I'm 65 and not very strong so I find anything heavier than 10 pounds a bit too much to handle. In any case, I'm a spinner, in that I don't hook the ball but spin it (like a helicopter, Taiwanese style) down the lanes. As it would be very hard on the wrist to spin anything heavier than 12 pounds, spinners usually use an 11 pound ball. I average about 178 with my 10 pound ball and I've been wondering if I should switch to an even lighter ball, say 9 pounds.

What do you think? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb1JG5XNCvw


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2ARUNUa

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire