vendredi 17 août 2018

Teacher's Pet - the Chris Dawson case

I didn't originally post anything about this case because I thought it only resonates in Australia, but I read that "The Teacher's Pet" podcast reached number 1 in the UK, Canada and NZ as well as Australia.

A link to the podcast:

https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/the-teacher-s-pet

I found the podcast compelling for two main reasons. Firstly, it is a very well investigated and told story. Secondary I was acquainted with the only suspect, Chris Dawson. We played for two different rugby clubs, he for Eastern Suburbs and me for Bondi. Both clubs trained together pre-season. Chris and his twin brother Paul were excellent footballers and very charismatic and I saw a fair bit of them in the early 1970s.

Two different coroners found that Chris Dawson killed his wife Lyn and recommended prosecution, but the Director of Public Prosecution declined to proceed. It seems clear that the DPP gave credence to incorrect testimony (that Lyn had been sighted after her disappearance) and was at the very least negligent in not proceeding. Much of the earlier police investigations also seemed to be tardy and half hearted.

This podcast has uncovered new evidence and I expect Chris Dawson to be charged reasonably soon and finally face a trial.

I have no doubt about his guilt.

This is a marathon podcast, 14 episodes of longer than an hour each. But of all the podcasts I've listened to, I looked forward to this most of all.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2L3kFPc

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire