vendredi 24 août 2018

Anyone want to come over and see my "Haunter Bookshelf"

Many years ago my Maternal Grandmother worked at a sanitarium for the insane in the Mason City area (1960's and 70's). I don't remember the name of it, except that it was named after a catholic saint. At one point they were remodeling and replacing the doors to one of the secure areas with something sturdier. Grandma asked if she could have the old doors and took them home once they were out. She then had a book self made from the doors. In 2015 she moved up here to the Twin Cities, where the family can take care of her (She's 97 now). In the last few months we've had to move her to long term care, after she broke her hip and my Mom had hip replacement as well (their doctor's were brothers). Consequently, we had to get rid of some of her larger furniture. I called dibs on the "Looney Bin Book Shelf" (as I call it) and it now sits in my living room. When I told some of my friends about it they said it must be haunted. While I don't believe this is true and nothing has happened around it to make me think otherwise, it makes a great conversation piece. I'm having a group of friends over to see it and possibly watch a horror movie on 9/1. If you are interested in joining us to see for yourself, send me a PM. Please note: I'm in a suburb of Minneapolis, MN.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2NenFKC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire