samedi 18 août 2018

Windows 10 info (getting the nuttery and misinfo out of the way)

I need to upgrade my computer to Windows 10, due to alot of problems that started after a check-up 2 months ago.

The main reason why I haven't done this yet, is because I own 4 games that are not compatible for Win 10: Divine Divinity, Nox, Warhammer 10000: Final Liberation & Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition recently got a win 10 upgrade, so that's one less) (Need to contact GOG if the others are going to be geting a Win 10 upgrade very soon too)

Now I hardly know anything about win 10, so I'll sum up what I've heard:

1. Win 10 has Privacy issues (main reason why my uncle doesn't want win 10 and he really needs a new computer. Also, I wanna know what those issues are.). Russia has banned Win 10 in 2016 (found this on wikipedia) and according to someone on the internet, Microsoft is currently being sued by the US government over data collecting or something (don't think this is true, since this would've been in the news).

2. You can't choose your own browser anymore and Edge is being stuffed down your throat, unless you go into the configuration settings and set Firefox, Chrome, Opera, ect. as your main browser (this was on the wikipedia article, where both Mozilla and Google complained about this when I checked it last year, however it's not there anymore for some reason)

3. Microsoft wants to track down torrent users with win 10 (which is weird, since using Bittorrent, µTorrent, Vuze, ect... isn't illegal, but torrenting is. Which makes me wonder why torrent clients even exist then, if this is true...) (I have been using RuTracker since 2012, what I torrent are CDs from the 90's or some label rips (even though most songs sound the same as on Youtube, including the LP cracking). And I don't want to end up in Jail. My uncle is also a torrent user, every single Lara Croft game he has (except for Tomb Raider Legend), came from a torrent site (don't know which one).

4. Updates can't be manually stopped and could interrupt game play (really nice if you're in the middle of a boss fight...).

Then there's the usual ****** tinfoil bullcrap, which I'm not buying, like Microsoft releasing Win 10, so they could plung the world towards the NWO and another one linking Win 10 with "throwing people in the FEMA Death Camps" (I checked the google+ account from that Nutty DJ that I know (his non-music account) to see if he regained his senses. And the answer was: Nope!). :tinfoil


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2nP9uRa

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire