vendredi 4 mars 2022

Rant about net-nanny, the naughty words thing

Not in here, but in online Scrabble.

They don't allow words like ****** (the n-word), and Dago (the d-word that ends in "o"). I'd known that.

Wtf, I just found, while playing a game (one of those very quick ones that you get to wrap up in around 5 mins) that you can't even do "Jew".

*checks: No, our net nanny lets that through, good. And "dago" too, apparently. That's good.*

I mean, wtf, the n-word and the d-word I understand, those words were designed as pejoratives. But I think that because some see "jew" as a pejorative, to therefore deem the word as just a pejorative, is kind of surrendering the word to the racist scum that use the word as such. I mean, it's a word, hey, a people, a culture religion whatever. This is, like, WRONG! (And the worst of it is, I lost the ******* game, that I was winning, because that word wasn't allowed, and I ran out of time before I could rush in another word.)







.....Okay, the rant's done its work. I'm no longer upset, not ranting any more, only thinking in a calm amused manner about the idiocy of the folks that devised the rules of the net-nanny they use there, clearly overdoing things there in a major way


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/H9oM75S

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire