samedi 26 mars 2022

Fat-Positive Studies Prof dies from Obesity

Ok, so it's not been shown what the cause of death was, but given we know that extreme obesity causes extreme and fatal disease, I don't think it's too slim a limb to stake my hat on. Died suddenly and unexpectedly screams heart attack, which is a major risk for the criminally obese.

Another of my favourite targets for scorn croaks, and I can't say I'm sorry. To me, the idea of fat-positive studies is identical to cigarette-positive studies.

And yes, her name really was Cat Pause.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...-dies-suddenly

The irony is so thick I don't have a knife to cut through it:

Quote:

A fat studies researcher, Pause's work focused on the wellbeing of overweight people and “the effects of spoiled identities” on their health.
Maybe she'd still be alive if she'd concentrated on "the effects of extreme obesity".

Note: the photo on the article is 6 years and several broken sets of scales ago.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/lfrIWR6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire