jeudi 24 mars 2022

Driving an Electric Car on Autopilot

My dual-motor long-range Tesla Model 3 electric sedan was delivered on March 2. It had its first moderately long road trip on Monday. A 150-mile round trip for a visit for a doctor to consult regarding return to health from an accident in my old car two months ago. I passed all tests and am returned to normal. That accident would never never have occurred, if my old car had autopilot, cameras and rapid acceleration like a Tesla to avoid a side swipe from a semi truck. For the first time Monday, I switched on Tesla autopilot with beta full self driving; what a marvelous experience. Yet the car is still a dream even without it.

However, as still is the case with many folks, the doctor repeated the FUD about EV range anxiety. That's nonsense, as any Tesla owner will tell you. Mine is rated with a range of 358 miles. The car recharges in my home garage while I sleep with elecricity from a solar farm. If you drive long trips (I don't; I fly), Tesla has Supercharger stations everywhere, and its touchscreen navigation guides you to them. After several hundred miles, you need to stop for food and a restroom. A Tesla recharges in that time. And far more inexpensively than with gasoline.

Over a century ago, automobiles replaced horses. Now drivers are transitioning from ICE (internal combustion engines) to EVs (electric vehicles). Within five years, I suspect almost all new cars will be EVs. :cool:


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/VDmNE9F

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire