mercredi 9 mars 2022

'Don't Say Gay' bill passes Florida Senate

'Don't Say Gay' bill passes Florida Senate

Quote:

The Parental Rights in Education bill, dubbed the "Don't Say Gay" bill by LGBTQ activists, has now been passed by both the Florida Senate and House. The bill would limit what classrooms can teach about sexual orientation and gender identity.

Under this legislation, these lessons "may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."
I don't live in Florida, but I've had two kids who've gone to kindergarten through 3rd grade in the last decade or so. Of their classmates, at least one transitioned during that time frame, maybe more. (COVID limited my social interaction with the kids and their parents. My daughter's 5th grade class has several non-binary kids, but I don't know when they transitioned in before 4th grade.) There have been many crushes, one involving my son starting in kindergarten. The idea that sexual orientation and gender identity are not issues in elementary school is out of touch with reality.

I have a ex-coworker who has very much embraced the culture warrior worldview. He is the most vocal about these issues in my social media feeds, even though he has no kids of his own and, I would guess, is not familiar with how childhood works. His take on the issue is that people who support teaching kids about what they are going through emotionally could only do so because they want to groom kids for sexual assault.

*deep breath, slow exhale*


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/NwrjtYh

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire