jeudi 3 décembre 2020

dimly remembered medium exposé (NSFW detail)

I remember very few details about it. IIRC I saw it mentioned in the early 1980s, when I was on AOL. A professor (possibly Swedish) was offering it as a text file upon request. I got a copy, but I lost it at some point.

IIRC it was written by an American man whose career as a medium was in the 1950s. In his book he told his story, exposing tricks he and other mediums used. He said he had had credible death threats from other mediums.

His conversion began when a new client who was a widow somehow touched his conscience, and he soon admitted to her he was a fraud. She forgave him without anger or judgement, and they became friends due to her magnanimity. With some gentle persuading from her he finally ended his career.

The only other detail I remember is NSFW. On one occasion he stood in for another medium who had to be out of town. Most of the clients were fine with him as a substitute. One exception was a widow who wasn't completely happy and told him so, but she refused to tell him the exact reason. The returning medium later told him the reason: he regularly used a dildo or vibrator on her as a "materialization" of her late husband!

Weird story, I know, and few details. But does this ring any bells?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3oiP547

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire