jeudi 31 décembre 2020

Building a new rig

It's been a few years, and my desktop was getting a bit aged. I usually build a new one every 3-5 years depending on what technology has come out. I decided to theme this one a little and do an AMD rig.

So far I've got:

750W PSU
ASUS TUF x570 Mobo
2x 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo PC4-28800 DDR4 3600MHz RAM
1TB Gen4 NVMe 4.0 SSD
Radeon RX 6800 XT vid card
and last but not least the AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

As I'm sure it's not a shock to many, my processor and video card are backordered until somewhere in 2035. I'm using fill-ins now.

This is the first AMD rig I've built in a LONG time, probably a decade. I'm stoked to see what the outcomes, benchmarks and all that are now that they've stepped up a bit (sans the ray-tracing on the GPUs but, meh).

Anyone else building anything fun?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/38NRZHP

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire