lundi 14 septembre 2020

What is Due Process?

I've been arguing with some of my Facebook friends about why Trump is not a good president. I was finally able to convince some of them that the C-Span video of Trump detailing his red-flag law proposal of "take the guns 1st, due process 2nd" is not fake.

One of my friends is a police officer who claims that he has used reasonable suspicion to seize firearms from people who might be a threat. I said this is a form of due process, he says it is not. I'm claiming that seizing property without any sort of prior due process is the same as stealing. Am I wrong?

I can't find the answer online. I have read about reasonable suspicion and probably cause, but not how they are related to due process. Links would be helpful. Thanks.

Ranb


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/32w9niA

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire