vendredi 4 septembre 2020

Well this is creepy, Google just sent me an email summarizing where my phone has been

The phone is not connected to any Google account. The email claims I signed up by installing an ap on my phone. No I did not, unless it was a butt dial equivalent. I haven't installed any aps on my phone but my son did set up phone banking for me. That was it!

Not only did they tell me where I went, they had street view images of the locations.

Why would anyone want this? :eye-poppi

And in a related horribly intrusive Google marketing push:

The other day after clearing cookies I tried to open my Pinterest account. Stupidly it said did I want to sign up with Google. I thought it would take me to my actual account. Instead it opened a new account for me complete with a barrage of Pinterest data collection like asking, "are you male, female or other?" You cannot get past the screen without answering. And if you don't go past it you can't ask Pinterest to open the right account.

They sent a confirmation email about my new account. I never confirmed it, on purpose! Didn't matter, I got a flood of Pinterest spam and when I tried to unsubscribe it said I couldn't because they needed the email to send me important notices!

I finally resolved the whole damn thing after a bunch of emails to them. I asked them to delete this email account and they said they would. But I still got another email asking me how I like the problem resolution service.

I deleted it.

Now I need my son to help me delete the Google ap from my phone.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2Z8yohM

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire