mercredi 2 septembre 2020

Password and Account manager - all platforms

Short version of the story.

I store account logons, websites, work VPN, bank and other account settings and passwords on my iPhone notes app. It is password protected - but...

Yesterday I misplaced my phone and I had a hell of a time resetting passwords and disabling Apple Pay and similar so that if someone was smart enough to bypass my iphone "security", at least they'd have to also hack those accounts.
My worry really was the fact that Notes had those account details, such as account usernames for online banking, not just the passwords.

I had a search around here and most of the threads on the subject that I found are quite old.

So the question is;

What app or service is a good choice for storing account details securely and best accessible for laptop/PC and phone?

I'm on windows and iOS at the moment, but would be looking for something that is future proof, e.g., if I change phone brands and OS.
It also needs to be non-UScentric - even if payment is to the US.
I'd like a service that allows at least two logons, as my wife will want the same service

My latest search took me to safetydetective.com which gave me their 6 picks for 2020. While I'm compiling a spreadsheet for it (:D)), I'd be interested in any experiences with these apps and/or suggestions.
List is:
  • RoboForm
  • RememBear
  • Dashlane
  • LastPass
  • 1Password
  • Keeper


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3bkXzSW

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire