mardi 6 août 2013

The Kite Patch, a mosquito forcefield

Wired just published an article on some new mosquito-repellent technology, the Kite patch.



I first read about this type of repellent a few years ago (it interferes with mosquitoes' ability to detect CO2) and it looked to be doing well in early tests, but so many of these things never fully materialize. It looks like these might actually work-- they're going to test a large number of them in Uganda, which arguably has more serious mosquito-related consequences than most of us in developed countries. But I've been waging a DEET-filled war for many years on the little blood-suckers, and I'm excited to try these ASAP.



I just contributed to the campaign through Indiegogo-- my $35 contribution will send 10 patches to Uganda and I'll also get 10 patches.

Lots more info on the Kite FAQ.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263360&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire