mardi 27 août 2013

What does dry shampoo actually do?

Being a man with multi-coloured hair and a lazy streak a mile wide, I try to wash my hair as infrequently as I can get away with, to avoid the colours fading. However, I don't like having dirty hair. To this end, I use something that seems fairly new to the market called "dry shampoo". It's a hairspray that prevents my hair from becoming greasy (even if I strongly doubt that it does much actual cleaning). What I can't find is any info on what it actually does.



Seeing as this is a forum full of knowledgeable people, when I tried a supermaket's own brand which lists the ingredients of the spray, I thought I'd post it here and see if any chemists can shed any light. I assume that some of the ingredients are propellent, and know that some are perfumes, but would appreciate knowing what the rest is doing to my hair. I would assume that they break down grease, but I'm interested in knowing which ones and how, and if there's anything else going on.




Quote:








Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Zea Mays Starch, Isoprophyl Myristate, Dicocoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium, Methosulfate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol.








via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=264379&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire