samedi 3 décembre 2022

Is the Lady a racist?

A Lady in Waiting, to Queen Camilla has been accused of racism, in this exchange with a lady from a charity that helps black sufferers of domestic abuse, at an official function specifically about violence against women.

A Lady in Waiting is a member of the aristocracy, in this case Lady Susan Hussey, daughter of an Earl, married to a Baron, who acts as a personal assistant to the queen. The charity founder is Ngozi Fulani, chief executive of Sistah Space, born in the UK and daughter of immigrants from Barbados.

This happened a few days ago, but it is still in the news, I think because a staggering number of people do not think Lady Hussey was being racist. What do you think?

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/u...ce-row-3938312

"Lady SH: “Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Sistah Space.”

SH: “No where do you come from?

Ms Fulani: “We’re based in Hackney.”

SH: “No, what part of Africa are YOU from?”

Ms Fulani: “I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records.”

SH: “Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Here, UK”

SH: “No, but what Nationality are you?”

Ms Fulani: “I am born here and am British.”

SH: “No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?”

Ms Fulani: “‘My people’, lady, what is this?”

SH: “Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you’re from. When did you first come here?”

Ms Fulani: “Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50’s when…”

SH: “Oh, I knew we’d get there in the end, you’re Caribbean!”

Ms Fulani: “No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.”

SH: “Oh so you’re from….”

Hussey has apologised via the Palace and resigned and there is no dispute over what was said.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/IWsua6N

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire