mardi 27 décembre 2022

Credit card fraud, will I win?

I think I will.

Going back over my Amex account I found two transactions, one for accommodation from a company supposedly located in Amsterdam for $3500 and another for a hire car company in London for $500. Both processed within a couple of seconds. I didn’t book anything with these companies and did not receive emails confirming purchases.

I used my card that day to book flights and accommodation with companies I regularly deal with, which went through okay, and I have email confirmations of these transactions. I have the only Amex card (my wife doesn’t have one) and the card has never left my possession.

I had a positive conversation with Amex staff, but their insistence that the transactions will be my problem if they can’t discover fraud worries me.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/iZRIVbm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire