jeudi 18 mars 2021

My laptop speakers stopped working ...

Strange story.

ASUS VivoBook, Win10. Speakers and headphones working fine for several months since I bought it.

I installed Skype on it, gave Skype a test and it told me the speakers were muted. The F1/2/3 keys (sound control on this machine) suggested otherwise, as did the sound icon on the taskbar. A quick blast of YouTube produced no sound. My over-head headphones produced sound, but very faint. My earbud headphones were fine.

I tried Control panel/sound and when I tested the speakers it said they were muted. Weird.

A little later I tried the over-head headphones again and they were good, but the laptop speakers still produced nothing.

Uninstalled Skype, no change. Reinstalled it, no change.

A Bluetooth speaker works OK, but has a small time lag and creates a little random background feedback, even when positioned yards away.

Any clues gratefully received, as I am clueless :)


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3sdOz9G

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire