vendredi 14 août 2020

Long shot at getting a book title

As the title says, it's a long shot.

When I was 9-10 or so our teacher read us a book, probably about half a chapter a day, if our lessons had gone well.
Although he read it in Dutch, I suspect it was a translation from an English book, as it had a fantasy theme and Dutch fantasy is non-existent.

While I remember it as very exiting, at the time I never thought to ask the title and given this was in the late 70's my memory about it is hazy.

It had a nature vs technology theme, where the (evil king? Wizard?) cut down forests and made huge piles of charcoal to use in making weapons and the like.
The hero had to get some MacGuffin and had help from some nature themed allies. In some way giants played a role too.
That's about all I can remember, which I realize is not all that much. Maybe it is something someone here knows though, nothing ventured, nothing gained.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3iHWc3k

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire