lundi 31 août 2020

How can a foreigner best oppose the Trump regime?

So like so many other people around the world, I'm deeply concerned about everything the US is going through - polarisation, science denial, the number of people who seem happy to live in a post-fact world, covid mismanagement, and of course Orange Führer himself. Obviously if I was in the USA, I would be volunteering actively, but that's kinda hard from across the pond, so I'm looking into ways to make that tiny, tiny difference.

There was a thread recently about the best ways to donate money so as to maximize impact, this is sort of the same deal. How can we foreign nationals who are terrified of the course the US has set for itself best a. help oppose Trump and b. help Team Biden win the election?

I first wanted to make donations, but it seems that even the Lincoln Project does not allow donations from outside the USA. I could donate money to someone in the US and have them pass them on as donations to the Democratic Party or whatever, but I don't know if I trust anyone I know there enough.

I've landed on subscribing to US newspapers (again, tiny, tiny impact, but I don't know how much I can do as one person without too big a network or income), so I've paid $60 for a one-year subscription to Washington Post and might also decide to subscribe to a second - not sure which one. I consider the post-fact, hyper-polarized nature of US discourse the biggest long-term danger to the US at the moment, and serious journalists are our best hope against that, IMHO.

So... any other way to make an impact?

Note that I'm excluding all kinds of slacktivism and Keyboard Warrior contributions, like "I'm debating Trump on Twitter every day", or "i changed my profile picture to a pro-Biden emblem". Please don't bring them up, I don't want the thread derailed.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3hKQkG9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire