vendredi 14 août 2020

Is glycerine an essential diet item?

Glycerine is usually a part of tri-glycerides. Which are three fat chains attached to one glycerine molecule. In the case a stearic acid, those chains are 16 links long, x3= 48. The body has to burn those 48 fat molecules to get ONE glycerine. And glycerine is so important- cell membranes, cell surface receptors, brain chmeistry.... it's EVERYWHERE !

Keto diets would be high, low fat diets would be low in glycerine. Fat burning exercise would raise the level.

I assume our livers can make some- from glucose? Is that one reason to crave sugar?

I did buy a liter of it as a supplement. Tastes sweet. Calories same as alcohol, between sugar and fat. I think you would have to drink a liter of it to OD, but a tablespoon in anything-I-can-think-of does irritate my stomach. I'm cutting back to 1T/day.

Back story: I bought some ice cream to induce a brain freeze. Which didn't help. But it also just made me feel 'better'. So I looked at the ingredient label. "mono- and di-glycerides". Hmm, a body would need to burn a lot less fat to get the glyceride....

Aside: The mono+ di are made from vegetable oil. Lots cheaper than using cream. Milk fat is worth $4/lb, veggie oil about $1. And the production process might make trans fats, but there is a loophole that lets them not tell you they add trans fats to your ice cream.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3aBPyJb

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire