lundi 8 juin 2020

Samsung's "Find my mobile"

New Samsung phone, new PIN, creaky old human memory. I commit the new pin to that memory but also write it on a scrap of paper which I shove in the back of a drawer, as backup ;)

During house removals the drawer goes and now I'm not at all confident that I can recall the PIN. But Samsung have a website that allows you to locate your phone, change the PIN remotely to avoid hard resets etc.etc, and it works very well. I use that to reset the PIN to something unforgettable.

But ... every time I wake up the phone to do a routine thing it asks for the pin, not just after hard restarts following a complete shutdown, full battery discharge or whatever, like before.

This is no emergency but I wonder if any of youse gurus can shed some light on this? I can't find a reference to it on the Samsung site.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2A5tBnZ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire