mardi 16 juin 2020

Reinventing Southern Heritage

I see that Southern politicians are whining about possible renaming of military bases saying it unfairly picks on the South.

I consider the idea that it is "unfair" absurd.

I don't have a problem having those bases renamed after someone from the South as long as they weren't a racist traitor like the Confederate Generals were. I can already come up with some Southerners who might be appropriate. How about Fort Metzger Evers or Camp Tubman or Fort LBJ or maybe JFK since he was killed in the South. Maybe a Naval base after Jimmy Carter. Fort Murphy after Audie Murphy who is from Texas or Camp York. Alvin York military hero of WWI was from Tennessee. I have no desire to punish the South. I just think it wrong to honor racist traitors. There are plenty of Southerners worth honoring.

Time to let go of the racist heritage and embrace a new South.

Any ideas?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2Bf3ZoR

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire