mercredi 27 novembre 2019

Not Gonna Go Out Like A Punk

Miami man, 60, shoots dead AK-47-wielding robber who tried to break into the van where he lives because he didn't want to 'go out like a punk'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daily Mail
A 60-year-old man fatally shot an armed robber who put an AK-47 in his face while he was asleep in the van where he lives alongside his girlfriend and son.

Donovan Stewart, who was born in Jamaica but now lives in Miami, said he was forced to act after the man broke into his van in the early hours of Monday. Stewart told CBS Miami: 'This guy I killed last night he just push a AK-47 in my ******* face. And as a guy born in Kingston Town I'm not gunna go out like a punk.' Police have said that Stewart, who has several permits to carry concealed weapons, acted in self defense and Florida has stand-your-ground laws which allow citizens to use lethal force against threats to their lives.

Stewart said he was woken up by a loud knock at the door of the van before it was pulled open by a man wielding an assault rifle who demanded his jewelry. Using his training as a security officer, Stewart said he knocked the AK muzzle away from his face, pulled out the Glock he keeps next to where he sleeps and emptied the magazine into the man's chest.

Stewart said he decided to act out of fear for his girlfriend and 11-year-old son, who were sleeping in the van with him. Police were called to the area, in the Little River neighborhood of Miami, and found an unresponsive man suffering from a gunshot wound, WSVN reported. The man, who has not been identified, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Stewart added: 'This man knock on my door while I'm dead asleep... I said all right, this is what's gunna happen now. You're gunna kill me? I'm gunna kill you. Let's see. So, quick thinking, quick reflex, I'm trained. I'm a security officer, I got a [gun] license, I got a concealed weapon license, and I'm a member of the NRA.'

'You don't just wake up in the morning and push an AK-47 up my nose and think you're gunna live. No. They tried the wrong person with that.'

Police said it appears to be a case of self-defense and that all parties are cooperating with the investigation, but that the probe is continuing...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...van-lives.html

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ima.jpg (40.0 KB)


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/33rNfD7

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire