dimanche 17 novembre 2019

Defending CTs With Other CTs

This afternoon, a friend was streaming Deus Ex on Twitch, a cyberpunk computer game set in a world in which most government-related conspiracy theories are true. Someone posting in the stream chat claimed that the term "conspiracy theory" was created by the CIA to discredit people questioning the investigation of the JFK assassination.
After some quick research, I mentioned that one of the earliest uses of the phrase was a mental health journal published in 1871, just a little before JFK. He responded that if I wanted a more reliable source, I should check out someone named James Corbett. I Googled the name out of curiosity, and sure enough, a conspiracy theorist YouTuber. I suspect that he might be a less than reliable source.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2NUK6ae

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire