dimanche 24 novembre 2019

Amazon Fake Reviews - My Experience And Advice

The best way to explain this is to copy/paste my latest Amazon product review. The product was a very small fishing tackle kit for about $13.

My review wasn't as nasty and did not contain any "fake review" comments until they emailed me asking me to change my review. That's when I got pissed off. It was actually a 4-star review to begin with!

Quote:

This is a cheap set of crap and most items won't be used by most anglers. Poor weak hooks that are not sharp, too many sinkers, a box that will fall apart very soon.

That is my product review, and it is my real opinion, unlike most reviews for this product.

Keep reading...

These are fake reviews - I know because TOPFORT contacted me and offered me free stuff for positive reviews. They sent me this item for free and I am NOT required to mention that in my review.

When I did not rate this product 5-stars they sent me this:

-----
Hello, are you online? Can you help us change 4-star to 5-star? We will be very grateful. We will provide you with more products in the future

best regards
candy
-----

This is against Amazon's policy and I will report them.

Tip: when you see reviews of a silly little product like this that include half a dozen photos or videos from dozens of reviewers, they are fake. You really think someone would make a video for this product?

We are TOLD to include photos and videos in our reviews. We are NOT told to mention that this review was in exchange for free products. They send us money to our PayPal, then we buy the product with actual money. This way we can leave a review.

This is a huge problem at Amazon. The cheap fishing gear area here is loaded with fake reviews.

Tip: Sort the reviews by date (most recent), not popularity. Normally a company wants 50 - 100 fake 5-star reviews when the product is first launched. Skip those reviews.

You see all these so-called avid fisherman giving this product five stars? Don't believe them.

I have rated three products 5-stars because they were good products. I knew as soon as I got a bad on that I would have to be honest, and this is that review.

Do not buy anything from dishonest sellers like TOPFORT and watch for fake reviews.
We'll see if Amazon allows my review.

The product

I have tried to contact Amazon to report the seller but I haven't figured out how yet. I tried one email address but it got bounced back saying I don't have a seller account. I'll figure it out.

I wanted people to know how companies are doing this. I think Amazon is in a lawsuit right now over fake reviews because it is a huge problem.

I replied to the seller's email and told them my feelings and that I intend to report them. I initially gave the product 4-stars, but they wanted 5. Now they got 1.

I started doing this when a company contacted me through my Youtube channel. I make fishing videos. I knew that one day this might happen. I will not lie to people - I actually didn't think they'd mind a 4-star review.

Now that I know how this works I see it everywhere. People taking videos and photos of a cheap, $13 item is a sure sign of fake reviews. If most of the first 30 reviews have photos and glowing reviews they are fake every time. In my experience they are Chinese or Korean companies.

Look at the reviews for this product and see the pattern for yourself.

I don't know if this is the proper forum for this - we don't see a lot of scam threads anymore. I just want to let people know what's up. I have first-hand experience with this.

ETA:
When I say "fake" reviews, I mean people that received free items like I did. My 5-star reviews were real, as were many others, I'm sure.

But how many of these people will be honest when they receive a bad product? Well mine is one of very few non-5-star out of maybe 60 reviews, so you figure it out. People really want free stuff that bad I guess.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/37CY7S6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire