mercredi 19 juin 2019

Unable to read after trauma?

I have been a prolific reader since age 4. My mother learned early on that the way to keep me quiet and out of her hair, was to keep me supplied. From childhood until recently, I have average about 2 novels a week.

Then. About a year and a half ago, I went through severe trauma. At first, I thought it would pass, and eventually I would be able to concentrate again on my books. But to this day, when I try to start a book, my mind allows about a paragraph, and I then draw a blank, and keep rereading a few times before giving up.

It seems I need to work on getting back to what has been such a passion for me, a great-escape. Is anyone familiar with this, or have any suggestions? Thanks so much.


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2IYuZZV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire