mardi 19 juin 2018

Feynman 100 at Caltech

Caltech organized a conference to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Richard Feynman. Separated into two days, the first of which features speakers with more personal talks about Feynman while the theme of the second I took to be "if Feynman were alive, what would we want to tell him about modern physics".

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...tVGlcgRXfnq768

As a Feynman fan I enjoyed these and thought others might as well. Highlights for me were his sister Joan's talk, and Leonard Susskind (I'm a fan of his as well, but he talks mostly about Feynman's scientific career this time), but there's a lot of good stuff.

For those who have enjoyed both the science and the stories of Feynman there's probably not too much new material about the man, but for instance Joan Feynman's talk was more about herself, and about her brother's influence on her life as a scientist.

Anyway, I expect there are some other Feynman fans around here, and hope you will enjoy this too. :)


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2I21ofF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire