samedi 16 juin 2018

Slow network file copying to only one drive

I have this very strange problem. As I have said before, I have a number of computers networked together in my business, but for the purposes of dealing with the problem I'll just talk about two.



On Computer #1, the single HDD is IDE connected (its an old computer that runs XP SP3, but as its a turnkey computer, it cannot be upgraded due to software and hardware constraints).

On Computer #2, the SSDs and the HDD are all SATA connected.

The problem is that when I try to copy a folder of files from Computer #1 TO Drive T: on Computer #2, its is extremely slow, yet copying the other way, or between T: and D: is fine. For testing, I used a folder containing 20 image files totalling about 18MB.

Computer #1 C: to Computer #2 D: <5 seconds (same in reverse)

Computer #1 C: to Computer #2 T: 7 minutes 31 sec

but in reverse

Computer #2 T: to Computer #1 C: <5 seconds

Computer #2 D: to Computer #2 T: - <5 seconds (same in reverse)

Because T: and C: on Computer #2 are both identical SSDs, I tested C:

Computer #1 C: to Computer #2 C: <5 seconds (same in reverse)

If there is some problem with Drive T: or the way it is configured, why would it only affect network file transfers when writing to the drive, and not reading from it.

Now for clarity (even though I didn't do any actual testing) I get the same result if I try to copy files from ANY of the other computers on the network to Drive T: on Computer #2.... its very, very slow.

This has got me stumped.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2MwIIIu

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire