samedi 23 juin 2018

Depression, clinical depression, treatments, suicide, prevention discussion.

While these topics are of personal interest, I don't want it to be a discussion about me.

I will just say that exactly 6 months ago, the first day of Winter, the man I deeply loved, John, age 63, took his life. The method he chose was helium. By the time I realized what was going on, I ran to his house but was moments too late. We had argued. In the last few months of his life, he underwent a strange behavioral change.

Diagnosed with clinical depression since his 20's, almost every treatment available was tried. Antidepressants, therapy, ECT shock treatments, long distance running, marijuana, breathing therapy, and the list goes on. Towards the end he turned to drugs, including peyote, ketamine, ecstasy, to name a few.


There is no question that many people here have dealt with debilitating depression and other mental conditions. I know I have. But I have been able to, with medication and therapy, to stay somewhat level, but I shudder thinking about going without them because I know I would not be OK.


I am looking for a discussion of depression. In general, but also treatments, good and bad, opinions, anecdotes, thoughts.

Thank you,

Julia


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2tmMhJ8

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire