mercredi 25 avril 2018

'Nother black hole question

So this time it's just a question. I don't have a stupid hypothesis of my own.

Way I understand it

A) if you were to fall into a black hole, you would never actually reach the singularity. It's at infinite time and distance away.

B) that is basically because space and time get more stretched, the closer you get to the singularity

And as usual, I'd appreciate any corrections if I misunderstood it.


And now comes my question.

Say, Alice and Bob both fall into a black hole at the same time. (I know it's customary to leave one of them out, but I'm evil;)) Or, well, as much "at the same time" as makes any sense in GR. And keep falling towards that infinitely distant singularity.

Well, from Bob's point of view (i.e., in a frame where Bob is at rest), would the distance to Alice seem to be growing, shrinking, or staying the same?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2qW3qYN

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire