vendredi 27 avril 2018

Hitler vs Churchill The Eagle and The Lion

Yesterday I was folding laundry in the living room and switched the TV on for a bit of background noise. There wasn't much on the main channels so I clicked on Yesterday (a UK sort of History Channel Lite) and had the misfortune to catch about 10 minutes of "Hitler vs Churchill The Eagle and The Lion". :(

I don't watch Yesterday much, but I did catch a re-running of The World At War on there a couple of years ago and from time to time some other old BBC documentaries. "Hitler vs Churchill The Eagle and The Lion" was something else...

Maybe I'm spoiled, maybe I expected too much, but in a programme which was supposed to explore the relationship and contrast between two war leaders, all we got was superficial twaddle and a repeating of cliches which have been repeatedly debunked in more reputable circles (like Hitler fixed the German economy - it's more complicated than that).

Sometimes I'm shocked at how poorly informed people seem to be about the basics of history. Looking at rubbish like this, I'm no longer surprised. A 1 hour show probably had 5 minutes of content and that content was so dumbed-down as to be functionally worthless. :mad:

At least the laundry got folded, so my time wasn't completely wasted....


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2r4NGBZ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire