vendredi 27 avril 2018

Catholic Speaker of the House fires Catholic Priest for his invocation

I have been seeing a lot about this on twitter.

Ryan, supposedly a Catholic, got mad at the chaplain, a Jesuit catholic priest, because he had the audacity to give an invocation/sermon/whatever you want to call his speech about doing things like, helping the poor.

That was unacceptable to the Speaker, so he sacked the guy.

Apparently, Ryan doesn't like the Jesuit message of service to the poor (see also: the Pope).

When Boehner quit the Speaker role, I argued (and I still contend) that it was because the Pope got to him. Recall how he cried when listening to the Pope talk. I still believe that it moved him to the point where his conscience got the best of him. His response was to quit.

Ryan hears the message and instead of taking it to heart, fires the priest. Because, you know, where do Catholic priests come off interfering with the Randian policies?

People are complaining about how Ryan is not a good Catholic and all that (No True Catholic, of course). I disagree. From what I see, Ryan's actions and attitude are perfectly consistent with those for the Catholics I know.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2r5BEbC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire